Christmas

April 20, 2010

"I'm leaving on a Jet Plane!"

Big news! I have been invited by a dear friend to attend the International Quilt Market in Minneapolis one month from today. Can I just say how exciting this is for me. I have always wanted to attend something like this. I hear it is the best. I have known since January that I would be going, but I thought I would wait to share the news until it got a little closer. Emily with Crazy Old Ladies Quilts has asked me to help decorate her booth. We leave May 19th which will be here before you know it. We will have a couple days to go sight seeing. First on the list would be the Mall of America of course! Let the shopping start there, and what's left from that adventure will be spent at market! Emily and I have been working on some awesome things for the booth, top secret though. You will just have to wait to see pictures after our trip.
I want to take this opportunity to thank Emily for her friendship. I have only known her for about a year, she is one of our regulars at the shop. But it seems like I have known her for so much longer. She is a go getter, never sits still and she always has a new idea for a quilt stirring in her brain. Emily has been having some health issues that should of held her back, but no she just keeps going and going just like the Energizer Bunny. I have missed her coming in for our weekly chatter. She's on the mend now and just in time for the trip. I just hope she hasn't used up all her energy getting ready to go. She's going to need some extra to keep up with me and my shoppping. But wait, I know she has the same habits as mine, fabric! We should get along just fine.
Let the countdown begin!

4 comments:

Loraine said...

Just found your blog from Emily's blog. I am going to market too, and I can't wait to see your booth! I'll stop by and say "Hi".
Love your blog BTW. Smiles.

Anonymous said...

Shannon I am so happy that you get to go to Spring Market! I no longer get to go as our local shop has closed it doors. I know you will have allot of fun! Take lots of photos. Have you made yourself a new bag yet?

Yvonne said...

I am so happy for you Shannon! This week I spook to a Dutch ladie who is also going! Hope you will have lots of fun in Minneapolis. Can't wait to read all about it. I have a nice living over there and I hope to go there and visit the Mall of America some day.

Grandma Nancy said...

I am doing the computer bag class this week, but the store didn't have a list of the things I need to bring, besides my machine. (I have already purchased the material). Can yuo e-mail me a list. Thanks, Nancy
nancy@utah.gov