Christmas

June 20, 2013

Just because...

Ever have one of those just because I want to kind of days.  My day started off with a headache so that determined how my day would play out.  I didn't get out of my jammies, lounged around and did a little bit of laundry and spent a good part of the day in the sewing room making this cute little sewing caddy.  The pattern was sent to me by one of my Dutch sewing friends, Rennie.
Even though it was written in Dutch I went ahead and made it up as I sewed along.  I am sure some things are different than one showed on the pattern.  Anyways she turned out super cute I think.  I used a Moda Candy pack, which are the 2 1/2" fabric squares.  I have a good variety of these because the Moda designers were giving them away at their booths at fall market last October.  The one I used is the Glamping line from Mary Jane.  The bag takes 44 squares and they only come 42 so I added the pink chevron stripe from Riley Blake.  The best of both fabric worlds I guess you could say. 

The yo yo's were made for an accent and besides I still had yo yo's on the brain from making several hundred for our shop hop.  That's a whole other story though.  Hey, would anyone like to make one of these.  I am thinking about hosting a class here at my house if there is enough interested.  Email me at oohsaahsw@aol.com and I will get the material list out to you.  I am thinking July 10th, that's a Wednesday night.  Class fee will be $15.00, for comfortable sewing there is space for 8.  Hope to see you there.

3 comments:

Rennie said...

Lovely little bag. Now we both have one! How nice. Everytime I use it, I'll think of you!

Yvonne said...

Cute little bag Shannon, Great for a toolbag full of quilting neccessaries.

carina said...

Hope your headache is gone with maiking this gute dutch bag! Your dutch isnt any problem for you:) a big byby carina