Christmas

November 9, 2009

Quilt class!


Thursday night I taught the Disappearing 9-patch quilt at the shop. This is such a fun and fast quilt to do and it looks like you have put alot of work into it. I have made several of these already. The last one I made I did in a weekend, I made it from a layer cake and used corduroy for the accent color. I used four blocks to make up this throw. This is the quilt I taught at the class, it could be used as a table topper or a small throw. I had the kits already made up if they wanted to purchase one. I used the Simple Abundance line from Bonnie and Camille for Moda. Let me know if you are interested in these simple and easy directions for making any of these quilts.
All the pretty new Bernina's all in a row. We have six nice machines for use at the shop. You just have to call and reserve one before class. I had six ladies that night that needed them. I had a total of 10 that night. A full house, just what we like.
I prepared a yummy pumpkin dessert for the refreshment that night. The recipe is at the bottom of this post if you are interested.
Here are some of my students cleaning up, of course I got to busy during class to get pictures of evryone in action. I think everyone was pleased with the outcome of their quilt progress. Now I just hope they took them home and finished them. We have lots of fun at these classes, try and join us sometime. We'd love to have you. Our new schedule will have some fun new things on it, you won't want to miss it.

Pumpkin Squares (Recipe from my cousin Bradley Creer)

Crust:

1 C. flour, 1/2 C. quick oats, 1/2 C. brown sugar, 1/2 C. (1 cube) butter, softened

Mix well and press in 9x13 pan. Bake 15 min. @ 350.

Filling:

1 15 oz. can pumkin, 1 can evaporated milk (small), 2 eggs, 3/4 C. sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp.ginger, 1/4 tsp. cloves

Mix well with mixer, pour over crust. Bake 25 min. @ 350. Chill. Serve with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.

No comments: