Christmas

September 1, 2010

My Get Away!

I spent the weekend away from home relaxing, and sewing my nights away. On Thursday morning I taught my bag class at Dave's and then it was time to get to work. I accomplished alot on my new traveling companion(no I didn't get rid of Stuart), but I did buy me a new machine to haul back and forth to St. George and to retreats. Isn't she cute, it's the last one of it's kind from Dave's Bernina. These machines have been replaced with the new B Series so they had these machines at a great deal that I couldn't resist. I found this awesome bag while I was in St. Geroge to haul her around in. Isn't it the wildest thing ever. Now she just needs a name. Any suggestions?
This is my to do list.
I should of checked them off as I finished them I guess. I got everything done but the Green Apple Totebag. Now that's alot of sewing. Let's say my new machine got well broken in.
I couldn't pass up this batch of westen fabrics. It's going to make one heck of a cute quilt to go in the White house on wheels. The colors are just the same as the interior of our trailer. Usually when you see western fabrics they are in the normal colors of red, blue, yellow etc. These are done in blacks, tans and browns. You can pick some up for yourself at Hurst's Ace Hardware there in St. George. I even bought a new pattern to use with them. I was hoping to get it cut out while I was there but I read these instead.
The new Quilt Sampler and Where Women Create. Both of these magazines had some great articles in them. Pine Needles at Gardner's Village here in the Salt Lake area was one of the featured shops in the Quilt Sampler. And Where Women Create had two of my favorite designers featured, Amy Butler and Camille Roskelly.
A little snip of Pine Needles. This shop always have the cutest quilts on display let alone all the other items and patterns for sale to fit any sewer.
This article on Camille was very well done. It showed all sorts of pictures of her darling studio. She has the cutest taste in everything she does. She has a new book coming out and I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Here are a few pics of some of the finished projects.
This is the Bella Bag from Heather Mulder Peterson, this is going to be the Bag Ladies bag for September at the Corn Wagon.
This bag comes in three different sizes and it has three different handle choices. The black and green fabrics are very popular right now. What do you think of the combo?
These are called Snap Happy Bags, they open and close with a metal measuring tape. This is also going to be a bag class. These are so fun and simple to make, they would be perfect for Christmas presents filled with sewing notions, recipe cards, lotions, etc. Watch for more details on this class.
In October for bag class we will making some fun Trick or Treat bags. I have made a boy version and a girl's version which is sporting a little bling. A glittered spider! This pattern is free when you sign up for the class. Stop in and check out just how cute these are.
You can see all of these and other samples at the Corn Wagon's Fall Openhouse to be held next weekend, the 9th-11th. Come in and sign up for some of the fun classes that are being offered this quarter. You won't want to miss my Spooky Treats quilt class or the Let's Twist Quilt(a new way of making pinwheels from 10" squares, using the Twister Ruler. Can't wait to see you.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I can't believe all the things you were able to finish in one weekend? Is it the magic Bernina? I am starting sewing with her today (finally) I love the western fabric!

Strong said...

Is your new machine a 220 or a 230? I bought a 230 to give Cassie for Christmas. She is a little young but I love these machines so I couldn't pass it up. I'm sad they are going.