Christmas

July 1, 2012

Another Bag Test

I love tests! Not really, but if it has anything to do with something sewing I can enjoy them. Isn't this the cutest ever. I was lucky enough to test it for Pie Plate Patters(Bonnie & Brenda). They are branching out from quilt designs with some fun new stuff. This is called Misty's Messenger bag. It's perfect for a scripture tote for Young Women, or you could use it for a lunch tote. It also would make a great travel size bag when your regular bag is just to big. I pulled fabrics from the stash and gave it a try. It turned out perfect.The pattern did call for the flower accent on the front but the strip and ric rac is something I added for color because the polka dot seemed to plain.
For the edges you bind them just as you would a quilt. It's cuter on the outside rather than be hidden on the inside.
There are two side pockets sewn into the side pieces. Great for a phone and pens. Something new I hadn't worked with is the Soft & Stable interfacing. I'm just going to tell you I love this stuff already. It holds the shape so well, and it makes the straps really comfortable on you shoulder. I haven't seen this in our area yet but I am going to try and find it for the shop. It is manufactured in St. George at Superior Threads. I was able to get some at Quilted Works this weekend. Time to use it in another project. This would also would make great filler for place mats and hot pads.
Thanks B & B, it was really fun to do. Now I think it's time for some "MONKEY"ing around!! Just a little hint for what's on my cutting table.

2 comments:

Rennie said...

Well my dear I think you succeeded in testing this bag. It's lovely. Really summer colors! Our summer is still hiding. Once a time she's smiling.

Yvonne said...

You are so lucky to be able to test this fun bag! Cute pattern. That would make a nice bag for Rosa when she is a little bigger! That new Soft & Stable interfacing sounds great too. It looks pretty!