Christmas

December 21, 2012

We need a little Christmas!

Here are a few more pictures of the decorated White house.  This portion of pictures features some of the decorations I use in the living room and entry way of the house.
 


Some of my vintage Christmas finds through the years.  The magical elf is from the late 1950's.  An Elf On The Shelf for that generation of kids. 
These are some of Stuart's childhood memories, just a few that are placed here.  I use them all over the house.  Though the little Soda Pop book and the big Santa boot are from mine.
This is a wooden paper doll I played with from my childhood days. I always thought she looked like a little piggy!  The clothes are all made from felt and are just so darn cute.  I had to sit and try everything on her before I chose which outfit to display her in. Oh the memories.  This is her first time out of the box since bringing her home several years ago.
My little Dutch corner of the room. 
My Demdaco nativity is a must every year. The lace table topper, a souviner brought home from our trip to the Netherlands last January.




A family picture dating December 1959.  This is Stuart's siblings Marriden and Steven.  Stuart is a year old in this photo.  It's one of those that will be cherished forever.
The front entry way all decked our with greenery, lights and snowflakes.
 
 
 So there you have a little bit of an insight of the sights and smells of Christmas here at our place.  I still have the basement to show you.  Christmas is almost here, enjoy your weekend whether you are out shopping, crafting, sewing or cooking, which is on my list of things to do.  But first brunch with two of my favorite people.  Emily and Terry.

7 comments:

Het Quilthoeve-BLOG said...

Dear Shannon and Stuart,

Thank you so much for your lovely christmas card.
Whe wish you a merry christmas and al the best for 2013.

Hugs and kisses,
Wendy and Ingrid
De Quilthoeve, the Netherlands

Rennie said...

What a lovely Christmas White House. We wish you most lovely and peaceful days. May the Lord be in your hearts and we're looking forward to next year March.

Yvonne said...

I can not imagine all the work you have had in transforming your house in this Christmas outfit. It must feel like a warm blanket when you enter the house, so cozy and cute.

carina said...

How nice to recive your christmas greating! My boys loved him me too!,. They said oooh really americans.... Nice (we have been in your country only ones!!:):)
A great time with your familie in a verry nice christmas house. A big hug carina

Else said...

Thank you for your lovely christmas card. I love what you have done in your house, it's christmas all over! Have a great time with family and friends, Big hugs, Else

martine said...

Thanks for your funny Christmas Card, and I hope you and Stuart have a great Christmas time with your family.
Love the decorated White House.
Warm Greetings Martine

De Sampler said...

Hi Shannon and Stuart,
Thanks for your christmas card.
Yes we had a very very great time in Houston. It was for me the first time in the states (my friend Cathelijn who was with me and also works at the Sampler was there earlyer) and i think now not the last time. I like it a lot to be with al people who likes quilting. It was a pleasant surprise to see you there. How is it possible with so many people.
I wish you, Stuart and your familie a great christmas time and a very creative 2013.
Hugs and greetings from Haarlem(a small town,hmmm ,Haarlem is nr 13 0f the biggest towns in Nederland,)
Karin