Christmas

March 4, 2013

HI!

Hi there, I know I am a wee bit behind but that just seems how I am working lately.  This cute quilt was made back in January.  One day while I was a work I was helping a customer put together a baby quilt with these same colors.  After she left I just kept adding and adding until pretty soon I had come up with so many fabrics that I had enough to make a large twin size quilt.  I searched my project bag and found this pattern.  Marcea with Abbey Lane quilts had been in the shop and had left me several patterns to try out.  It's called Anthropology.  The colors and fabrics all work well together, they are from an array of different fabric collections.    Look really close at the block and the way they are arranged.  I think it's saying HI! 
 The binding fabric I chose was a diagonal two toned gingham check.  No need to cut on the bias.  Who doesen't love a diagonal binding.  It's my favorite thing about the quilt.

 The backing is from the same line as the binding.  It's called Happy Ever After by Sandra Workman of Riley Blake Designs.  Such a fun quilt to make.  Wouldn't this be so cute in a little girl's room? 
We have these as kits at the Corn Wagon.  Pattern and binding are included in the kits.  Stop by and see me when your in my neck of the woods.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I *love* the "HI" quilt! How fun is that? :)