Christmas

August 16, 2012

Let's Do Bags!

After a long hiatus away from the Bag Ladies, she's ready to come back. This is one of the bags we will be making in Bag Ladies class. It's roomy enough for all your on the go sewing projects. Or you could definitely use it to meet you personal needs. This pattern is a Whistle Pig Creek, called A Charming Tote and I used a charm pack from the cute new line from Sweet water called "Mama said Sew". The perfect fabrics for any sewing project. As we don't have the actual yardage of this fabric yet and I wanted to get the shop sample done, I chose to use Wordplay by Michele D' Amore, a designer for Benartex. Notice all the great sewing related words printed on it.
With the 7 leftover charm squares I decided to make a flower embellishment for the outside. This is totally optional, or you could make your inside pockets from them. I used a Moda basic dot fat quarter for the pockets.
This is October's bag and I hope you come make one with us because, "Mama said Sew"! Watch in the following days for other class samples, There's still lots to share. Won't be until Saturday though, I'm just heading out of town with Terry to attend the Pie Plate Patterns High Mountain Retreat. Yeah, I'm working on something besides shop samples. They have all been turned it, hip hip hooray!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

So, so cute! Love those text on the bag and inside. They are perfect for a bag!

Else said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH I love that fabric!! What a great bag. Hugs from holland