Christmas

August 20, 2012

New Fabric, New Quilt!

Ooh, isn't this cute? I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it when it came into the shop. It's the Seaside collection from Riley Blake. The blues, oranges and yellows work really well in the collection. And the stripe I am loving, although I didn't use it in my quilt.Kits are made and put away for class. Which by the way is in October.
Have you ever used one of these? The Easy Dresden ruler is fun to use and it makes the perfect dresden plate. You can make several different sizes with just this one ruler.

And this is the finished quilt. A free tutorial on the Riley Blake Cutting Corners page. I added a inside border to kinda of separate the background and outside border piece.
This quilt measures 41" x 52" a perfect size for a baby.
The seaside all over scene made the best backing. This is the quilting outline of the center and the dresden plate.
And of course a binding shot, doesn't the blue polka dot finish it off nicely. I will save a kit for you if your interested. Watch for our open house the 2nd weekend in September when all the new class quilts will be hung.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

That is so cute Shannon, it seems so easy with such s ruler. I never made the dresden plate. The background fabric reminds me of my childhood years at the beach!

carina said...

How nice im looking for such ruler. And the fabrics are a little bit vintage:) a big byby carina

Else said...

A great ruler, and the quilt SUPER! Have a good weekend, hugs Else