Christmas

August 14, 2012

My Fall Quarter Class Samples

So I know it's not fall yet but today is the deadline for our fall class samples to be turned in. I have been piecing, sewing and binding like a mad girl. Over the next few days I will be showing what I have lined up for classes at the Corn Wagon. Classes begin in September. Hope something catches your eye and that you want to come join us. I have lots of show and tell, in all 4 quilts and 4 bags. The first quilt is a baby quilt, but this actually could be made bigger. The more strips sewn together, the bigger the block. It's called the Simple Amazing Jelly Roll quilt. And just as the name indicates, the technique is "simply amazing". This whole quilt is made from one Riley Blake jelly roll which are only 24 2 1/2" strips, a little yardage for the borders and binding. You will have no waste in this project.For the back, I chose the golden rod solid minky. It just shows the quilting off so nice. Not only that but babies love the softness of it.
I had Ramona quilt one of my favorite designs on it. She calls it Wonky Flower.
The binding is done with the same fabric as the outside border. This quilt really does work up fast. It would be great for beginners. But yet, those more advanced sewers would love it too. There are kits available for this one. Watch for calendar dates coming out the next couple of weeks. I will post them all here when they are finalized.

2 comments:

carina said...

How nice is your quilt and oooohhh great you have been to neil! By besos carina

Yvonne said...

What a cute girly quilt. Love the backint.I am curious about the bags too....of course!