Christmas

September 9, 2009

Meet the new quilts on the block!

These last couple of weeks I've been making QUILTS, QUILTS and more QUILTS!
The first in line is a quilt I did for one of Jacob's ex co-workers in Idaho Falls. LaVon is the graphics designer at Harris Publishing. He designed a fun logo for Stuart's new guns and ammo business and all he wanted for his payment was a quilt. He wanted something navy and beige. I saw this pattern in a magazine a while back. It worked out perfect for the plaids I had on hand.
All wrapped up and ready for shipping.
This little cutie is a tablerunner for a shop display. It's made from just one charm pack and very little yardage. We have these put together in kits at the shop.

This one is mine to keep, but I did it for a shop display as well, to show off this darling new fabric from Robert Kaufmann, don't you love the blues and greens. I used the Turning Twenty Simply Sashed for this one. The name of it is Sew Simple.

This one is called the Dissappearing 9-Patch, this pattern has been around for along time. We have never taught it in a class at the Corn Wagon. But we have put it on the fall schedule and I will be teaching it in November. It is made from the line Simple Abundance from Bonnie & Camille for Moda. This is fun and easy and it looks like you have done a ton of piecing on it. Sign up for the class if you want to learn this fun method. It's made with 2 charm packs and 2 yards fabric. We also have a few of these in kits, don't wait to long though they will go really fast.
And this last one is probably my favorite of the whole bunch. It's a pattern from Atkinson's Designs called Gemstones. I made this one for the shop too, but I don't know I might have to have this one back to. I used the Riley Blake Be Merry snowmen line. I just love the brigtness of this quilt. Check out the ric rac around the inside of the border. It's all about the ric rac baby. You can see this one and all the others in the shop this weekend, we are having our fall openhouse. Stop in and see us and sign up for one of the many classes we are offering this quarter. Happy Sewing, Shannon

No comments: