Christmas

June 7, 2010

Panguitch here we come!

Have you heard of the Panguitch Quilt Walk? Stuart, the kind sweet man that he is, is taking me down south to see what this event is all about. I have heard so many good comments on it that I need to go check it out for myself. This has been on my list of things to do for a couple of years now. I made the reservations back in January and here it is June already. They say getting a room is difficult so we will take ours with us(our trailer)! There are lots of events going on during the weekend. If you want to check it for yourself go here: http://www.quiltwalk.com/ Here is a sneak peek at the classes I will be taking.

This is my Thursday morning class, The Mixed Bag, taught by Freda's Hive. I have had this pattern and the kit to make this bag for quite sometime now. So I was way excited that it was on the class schedule. Like I need another bag, huh? But I couldn't pass the opportunity up from taking this class from the designer herself.
My Friday class is this cute quilt called, Wonderland. It will be taught by one of my most favorite people in the whole wide world. Bonnie from Pie Plate Patterns is the teacher. I am so lucky to have this cute gal in my area. I love taking classes from her.

This quilt is my Saturday class, it's called Loves me loves me not. This fun quilt is being taught by Chris Chamberlain from Dave's Bernina. I can't wait for this one. I finally get to use my Olfa Circle Cutter for the scalloped border. I think this is what drew me to the quilt. Isn't that a darling border?
For the event we were asked to donate something for the live auction, so I will be donating one of my Mystery Bags. And we were also asked to donate a pillowcase to the American Patchwork & Quilting 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge. Make a pillowcase, make a difference. Go here for more details: allpeoplequilt.com/millionpillowcases. I still need to make mine. I better get on that right away as we are leaving Wednesday.
While we are in that area we will be visiting Bryce Canyon and some other places of interest. Its been quite sometime since we were in that area. It will be nice to get back to see the beautiful scenery there. It's always nice and relaxing when we go in the trailer, break out the lawn chairs and bring on the Diet Coke. Panquitch here we come!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Oh Shannon! What a neet classes you are going to take! How much fun will that be! Being busy with quilting and in the afternoon relaxing in front of your trailer in a beautiful scenery with Stuart and that Diet Coke!
I wish you a lovely trip and lots of fun the upcoming days! Enjoy Bryce and its surroundings!