Christmas

April 20, 2011

A Baby Pinwheel

Yup another Twsitert quilt, this time a baby twister. This quilt is called Pinwheel Party Quilt taken from the book Let's Twist by CS Designs.

It uses 1 charm pack or 36 5" squares and four coordinating pieces of fabric. For this quilt I used Hope Valley from Denise Scmidt. The colors in this line are beautiful oranges ,pinks, purples, greens, and blues. My background fabric is the solid gray from the Sunkissed line from Moda. It just ties all the colors and prints together.


I usually do my striped bindings on the bias but for this one I thought it would be fun to do the stripes going up and down. I really like the look on this one.

The backing is an allover piece from the same line, a magenta pink with orange flowers.

Some of you will recognize these little itsy bitsy pieces. They are the trimmings off of the new fabric put out by Denise Schmidt. I was able to score some of the pieces from our local JoAnn's. Yes, you read it right, I said "JoAnn's".

Denise is now designing for them. I don't buy much fabric from the J store. I guess you could call me a bit of a fabric snob for not doing so but sometimes the quality isn't as good as of that you find in your finer quilt shops. This line seems to be of better quality and is the $9.99 price range, but that's when the coupons come in handy. I think I got 17 pieces from her 21 piece collection. This line is kind of a mixture of Denise's Hope Valley and Katie Jump Rope collections. The red, white and blues remind me of a picnic. Now there's an idea, a picnic quilt! Just might have to do that.


So if any of you are big fans of Denise's work you better hurry in and get you a few of these cute fabrics. They tell me they are going fast. And you can see why.

3 comments:

Rennie said...

Hai Shannon,
I have got very busy weeks but now it's Eastern time. I adore your baby twins. May I wish you and your family peacefull days. I'am still thinking of our moments together and wish you were here to hugh. Love Rennie

Nanette Merrill said...

Love love it. I gotta get some of denise's latest line.

Yvonne said...

That is a fun way to use the Twister Shannon! Lover the fabric you bought at J's. The red/white/blue looks a bit like old fashioned Dutch fabric, very cute!