Christmas

April 17, 2011

Yummies for your tummy!

Here are a couple of favorite recipes from the White house. I have been making these two yummies for many years. The first recipe, Stuart's favorite. A chocolate chip bundt cake. The second recipe was given to me several years ago while we were on a camping trip. The kids have been enjoying it ever since. I made both of these treats to take down to the Super Spring Quilting Retreat. I thought you might enjoy them too.Once in awhile my cake will stick to the top of the pan when I turn it over, leaving the best part of the cake in the pan. That part makes me really angry but this time it came out perfect, yahoo. How do you like my vintage cake plate and dome? It belonged to Grandma Verl and it's in mint condition. It's just perfect for this cake. Can you even find these in stores anymore?
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake

1 box yellow cake mix

1 small box of instant chocolate pudding

1/2 cup sugar

3/4 cup water

3/4 cup veg. oil

4 eggs

1 small bag of chocolate chips(They only make large bags now, just use half of bag. So this tells you how old the recipe is)

1 cup sour cream

Mix cake mix, pudding mix and sugar together.

Add oil and water.

Beat with a wooden spoon one egg at a time.

Add sour cream and chocolate chips.

Bake in greased and floured bundt pan at 350 for 50 - 60 minutes. (I found that the Pam Baking spray works the best) Cool 1 hour before removing.


This recipe is called Candied Chex Mix. You can use all sorts of goodies in it. I used the spring plain chocolate M&M's in this batch.

2 cups Karo Syrup

2 cups sugar

2 cubes butter

Combine ingredients and bring to small boil. Pour over your choice of mix, here are some suggestions, you choose your favorites.

1 box Rice Chexs

1 box of Wheat or Corn Chexs

Coconut

Peanuts

Cashews

M&M's

Candy Corn

Sixlets

This makes a fun Easter treat or any other seasonal treat, just change your M&M choice.

I think I can finally say, happy spring.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Mmm, I would love to be in your treat-filled house. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your treats up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-13.html

Yvonne said...

The cake looks beautiful and delicious! Never saw a treat like that, what do you do with it after boiling? cool down and break it up?