Christmas

May 20, 2011

A Trunk Show!

My trunk is loaded and ready to go do a "Trunk" show for the Maple Mountain Quilters. I was asked by my good friend Lisa several months ago to do this. I can't believe just how many quilts I could come up with. They even filled the back seat, but then I don't have a very big car.
Group meeting and business taken care of. This group meets right there at the Corn Wagon Quilt Shop. A place oh so familiar to me. That aspect of the day didn't frighten me, but talking in front of ladies did. Some of these ladies are master quilters, but you know what I put that fear behind me and just did my best. I just have to keep telling myself that there are so many quilters out there and each one is there own. Not everyone has the same style, likes etc. My quilts are to be used and loved by the recepient it's made for. When I sew a quilt, I want one that I can whip out really fast. That's why my quilts are always very simple ones, that's what I like. SIMPLE!
Here's the pile before I got started. Whew, that's alot of quilts to talk about. And there are many more that are not there. Some you can't get back from gift giving. To many to count.

These three demin quilts belong to each of my kids. This is something I made each of them when they graduated from HS. I saved all the different brands they wore and made the rag quilts. Notice some of the patches have the tags off the jeans. The kids can tell stories about the different squares and what happened with those jeans. Like a oil spot from work at the Oil Spout, or the first day they wore a new pair and ripped a huge hole in the knee at the stockshow, or maybe the horse ride with Dad up Spanish Fork Canyon. Oh, if these quilts could talk. I hope these quilts will bring them lots of memories to look back on during their school days. It sure did me while I was making them. And it seems that was just yesterday!

Now unloading the trunk and going through them all over again. I don't mind though, I love my quilts and like to share them when I can.

I love QUILTS! Do you?

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

It must have been fun to talk about your quilts Shannon. I am sure you got them all quiet and listening! Love the jeans quilts, what a perfect idea, I will never throw an old one away!

Martha said...

Love your quilts!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Yes, and your use of trunk show is so hilarious.

Lisa said...

We all enjoyed your trunk show. Thanks for sharing your considerable talents and fun personality with us. I'm so glad you're my friend.