Christmas

May 3, 2012

Master Suite Finished!

Not the bedroom sillies, it's the quilt I started in February with the same name. This is all of the scraps I had left over from a jelly roll and a layer cake. Not much at all.Here is the finished quilt. I was tickled with the outcome. I love the colors, the quilting and the backing. I plan on using it in the White house master suite when it's done hanging around the Corn Wagon.
For the backing I pieced several of the half pieces of the jelly roll for the strip down the middle. Kind of a little quilt art I suppose.
If you have forgotten which book this quilt was featured in, it was the Pure and Simple book by Sweet Water. It also has some other fun projects in it. If you can get your hands on a copy, I think you would like everything in it.

3 comments:

martine said...

It's a beauty and I love the red and white stripe you used for the backing.
Is that a fabric from Moda?
Warm greetings Martine

Yvonne said...

It will look great on your bed I am sure. Love the fabric and colours you used.

Finding Fifth said...

Shannon I have just ordered a French General 'Rouenneries Deux' layer cake for this project and a few other fabrics by the half yard. Would I really need a layer cake as well? What cream fabric did you use for the sashing? So glad you made this one...it is a stunning quilt.