Ok, I knew this was going to happen someday. Kira tagged me with this High School Tag that's going around blogland. Boy doesn't she realize this was almost 30 years ago. I thought there is no way I can remember this stuff but as I was reading the questions things came popping back just as if it were yesterday. I wish I had one of my senior pictures to share, you would be rolling on the floor lol. Here goes,
1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes, in my senior year I dated a Jr. Can you believe that silly game?
2. What kind of car did you drive? I wasn't fortunate enough to have my own car, but get this, I learned to drive in our brown Ford Galaxy 500. Wow! what a thrill to rod main in a family 4 door!
3. Did y0u pass your Driver's License Test your first try? As I recall I did, probably with the help of little Jimmy Beckstrom, no not really I did it all by myself.
4. Were you a party animal? I should say not.
5. Were you considered a flirt? Absolutely not.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I was in the Sophmore Choir, I don't think I learned anything though, I still can't sing.
7. Were you a nerd? No, do I look like one?
8. Were you on any Varsity teams? No I hated P.E. classes.
9. Did you ever get suspended or expelled? Let me think about that, no.
10. Can you still sing the fight song? Bits and pieces.
11. Who were your favorite teachers? Mrs. Ruth Andrus, my business teacher and Miss Allred my sewing teacher, surprised?
12. Where did you sit for lunch? Not in the cafeteria that's for sure. It was usually in a car on the go to and from Payson. Back in the day our lunch break was an hour and fifteen minutes.
13. What is your school's full name? Spanish Fork High School
14. What is your school's mascot and colors? The Spanish Don and the colors are red and gray.
15. Did you go to Homecoming and with who? No
16. If you could go back and do it again would you? I don't think so, things were much easier then. I don't think I could pass the classes now. I might if all I had to take was cooking and sewing! It was fun while I was there, and I'm glad my kids survived it but I wouldn't change anything for where I am today.
17. What do you remember about Graduation? It was held in the auditorium, and the graduates sat on the stage, can you imagine trying to fit that many people in there today! We had alot of fun up there. That was probably the first time I had stayed out all night. Now call me the party animal!
18. Where did you go senior skip day? Me and my friends went to the University Mall and had our pictures taken in our caps and gowns at a place called the Poster Factory. We had them make wall size posters of us so we would have something special to remember our day. I took it with me when I went down to Snow College to hang on my wall. I bet you don't remember that store do you?
19. Were you in any clubs? Yep, the Steno Club which I know they don't have today. It was a business club where we practiced our short hand. And I was also in the FHA, Future Homemakers of America. I was in the club presidencies both my Jr. and Sr. years. And I can't forget the Friend Club, I can't remember much about this one, I probably just signed up for it so I could get my picture in the yearbook one more time!
20. Have you gained some weight since then? Do you need proof?
21. Who was your Prom date? His name is That Ellis.
22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Hum, it came and went 15 years ago. Yes I did go to it and if I recall it was a fun one. We have always had great times at each one.
23. Did you have a job in High School? Yes, you won't believe where. I worked after school in the front office of the High School. This later turned into a full time job with the counseling secretary, until I went to Snow for one quarter, then I came back and worked up until the time Kira was born. So it's almost like I never left the place after graduation.
Just a little extra for you, when the Senior class council made our class predictions they predicted me to be the next Betty Crocker, funny huh!
Now I tag Kaitlyn and Jamie Cowan, I hope she knows she's on my blog list.