Christmas

March 4, 2009

Just 15 Minutes!

On Monday I told you a little bit about the Zippitty Doo Dah quilt I was working on and that it would be done for Wednesday's "SEW" & Tell. Well that didn't happen. Too many other interupations at work on Monday & Tuesday got in the way. After I started working at the Corn Wagon I introduced them to something I call the 15 minute table runner. Well, ever since it has been my job (sorta) to change the table runner on the counter every now and then. This hadn't been done since we moved the Valentine's fabric upstairs. It was time for something springy! So this is what I came up with. I've made so many of these I think I've got it down to 10 minutes now. I don't know why I don't do a tutorial for these simple, simple things. That's something I'll have to work on.


Yummy Amy Butler fabrics and pink bubble gum ric-rac just shouts spring to me!


This fabric just came in yesterday, so they asked if I would make a runner for the display chest. It's from Blackbird Designs for Moda. A little on the pretty side for me. But nice colors to work with, I'm also making a spa bag for the display. Watch for it next week.

Here's an idea for the table runners. I've made these for my girls for all the holiday's. What a cute gift to work on all year long and give then as a bundle for Christmas. It gives you a good excuse to shop for fabric all year long! And who doesn't love fabric shopping. Got to run, sewing to do. It's going to be a Zippity Doo Dah Day, hope yours is to. Shannon

5 comments:

Shortcake and Company said...

I love that top runner. You're so talented, Shannon. Geez...

Kaitlyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaitlyn said...

I love those fabrics i want to make bags out of them and sell them, i think they would look cute as bags..

JJ said...

I made these table runners for every holiday and gave them for Christmas gifts to friends and family. I made 120 of them. So easy and cute.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!! I say we make a few table runners for our ward sewing class!! If it takes you 10-15 minutes it should only take me two hours! Sound like something I could pull off on any second tuesday of the month!! Thanks Shannon for all you do for us! Dondy