Christmas

March 18, 2009

Merry Spring!!

Last Thursday evening I met two of my greatest and funniest friends for supper. We usually get together on a regular schedule, but we have fallen behind on that. Kris Money and Ruth Ann Roach have been in my life for over ten years now. We served together in the Stake Young Women's Presidency together. We had so much fun serving together, there was never a dull moment with the three of us around. Me, Kris and Ruth Ann at Red Lobster. Notice the green boxes in the background. I hate to admit this but it's their Christmas presents! Yup, Happy Spring I told them. I'm such a slacker. I never did get their packages to them during the holidays. We couldn't find a time to get together and I just never delivered their gifts. Boy, I'm bad. I'm sure they weren't expecting Christmas presents that evening. I made both of them new aprons. Kirs' was an allover floral and Ruth Ann's was made from softball fabric, she is such a sport nut. It was just right for her taste's.

Where were these cute things when we were doing all the cooking at Girl's Camp? Anyway 4 months later they have their Christmas gifts that were gathering dust in my front closet. Happy Spring girl's.


Kris also celebrated a birthday last month while I was in St. George so I took her birthday present with me that night also. Double whammy for Kris. Kris was just put in the R.S. Presidency in her ward. I knew just the gift, a bag! You definately need a big bag for that calling. Kris has always liked the color red. I found these pieces in my stash and put it all together in one afternoon. I love it when I don't have to stop in the middle of something and run to town to get it. She adored her new bag.



I changed the pockets just a little bit by adding bias trim around the top of them. A cute little touch I think. I also did it on the outside pocket.

It's "SEW" & Tell Wednesday again already. Where in the world did this week go. This will be my sew & tell for this week. Are any of you participating the the Mystery Purse Sew Along? How are you coming with that? What a fun project, when I think I have something in mind for the next step it's completely different than what I thought it would be. I can't wait to see everyone's finished bag. All I can say is, "It's huge!" Happy Sewing, Shannon


No comments: