Christmas

March 25, 2009

Let's share, Sew & Tell

You probably have noticed the cute little swap button on my side bar. It is for a Rainblow Block Quilt Swap. I finished up my blocks on Monday. I had to make nine 12" blocks. We got to choose the color we wanted so I chose light blue, then we had to put them together with white fabric. We could choose any block we wanted to make as long as it finished out at 12". I did a variation of the snowball block. Now I will send them to Jane and she will distribute the blocks amongst the other swappers in the rainbow. All together there will be nine more blocks coming my way in all the colors of the rainbow. Won't it be fun to see where all the blocks come from. This was a fun and different swap, something unique for spring.

On the back of each block we had to add a bit of information so each participant would know where the blocks are coming from. I just attached one of my little cards with all of that.

My next project finished up was the mystery bag that Gracie Lou's sponsored. This was a really fun sew along that lasted a week. Both me and Kira did this together. It was fun talking to her over the phone on each of the sewing days to compare what we thought was going to be the next step. In the end the bag is darling and sooooooooooo big. I gave mine to Kaitlyn to use as a diaper bag or travel bag for her trip to Nauvoo. Thanks to Jana from Gracie Lou's for making this fun for everyone. If she doesn't mind, I think I want to incorporate something like this into my Simply Sewing class. We are going to have a Simply Sewing 101 Saturday Retreat, I think this would be something we could do during the day. What do you think?

This is the inside of the bag. I added two more pockets inside from left over fabric, and I bound the pocket edges with bias tape.


Isn't she cute! I like the way she had us do the straps with the D-rings. A very cute accent. And the pocket on the front is a kangaroo pocket. It kind of reminds me of some aprons I've made in the past! What a fun bag. It's time to make another one I do believe, although I would change a few things on it to fit my needs. Happy Sewing, Shannon


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon,
Love your quilt blocks.Your version of the mystery bag is adorable too! I just wanted to let you know I posted a tutorial for the bag I made for you. Let me know what you think.
Hugs & Stitches,
Melody

Jana Nielson said...

Love your bag!! Love Andalucia too. I think I have to make a bag out of it now!

Shortcake and Company said...

I LOVE, LOVE that bag! From the material you chose to the design. How fun! Kira told me a little about the "mystery" and how it was so curious to her. You two seamstresses are amazing!

Anonymous said...

That looks great! Spacify offers wide range of Unique Diaper Bags.

Anonymous said...

I would love to make that bag at the Saturday Sewing 101!! Have you decided on a date? Darling fabric as usual! Shannon you are awesome! Dondy