Christmas

February 13, 2010

St. George Bag Ladies!

Well not to bad for my first class at Dave's Bernina in St. George. I only had 4 sign up for the class, but oh how fun. The word needs to get out just a bit more on all the fun classes they are offering. Hopefully by the spring retreat in March things will be looking better. Everyone finished their bags that day. What fun it is for me to see the look on their faces as they finish up something they thought they would never get done or they thought they couldn't even do. As Stuart always says,"Cant's a person to lazy to try"! I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet these ladies and I hope I get to meet many more in the upcoming months as I travel down there each month.
Some of you will recognize one of my students, Alice Strong from right here in Spanish Fork joined me in my class. She and her husband were heading to Vegas to see George Strait on Saturday evening so she stopped in to sew with me. I knew before hand she was going to be there.
We forgot to get pictures before the others left. Here is my new friend Sherry, and Alice showing off their cute new bags. Way to go girl's. Hope to see you next month, I know I'll be seeing Alice she lives right here in my ward and sews with my Sewing 101 group once in awhile.

Here are the displays of the projects I'll be teaching at the March retreat at Dave's. I'll be kicking of the retreats event's Thursday night with a "BAG" Full of Mysteries! This is done like a mystery quilt where you gather one clue at a time to make your bag or purse I should say. Oops, I just gave you the first clue. You will love this when it's finished, you will want to make many more once the first one's out of the "BAG"! The second class I will be teaching is the Piece of Cake quilt by Thimble Blossoms. This is done with a layer cake and is great for beginners.
If you need a spring get away come join me at this fun retreat. They have lots of fun classes planned for this 3 day event. Mark your calendars for March 25-27, 2010. Visit http://www.davesbernina.com and click on the St. George calendar to see all the classes they are offering. You can either call or sign up on their website. I hope I see some of you down there. Who couldn't use a little sunshine and sewing, they go together "SEW" beautifully!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I can imagine that if anyone sees the beautiful bags these ladies made, your next classes in St. George will fill up soon! I also love the fabric of the Piece of Cake quilt!