Christmas

December 7, 2008

Simply Stylish Totes

We're at it again. I had my Simply Sewing 101 class on Thursday night. We finished our tote bags in 4 hours! Whew was I tired, we started at 7:00 p.m. and we got all done with them around 10:30. But we had lots of fun and I even remembered the chocolate this time. Maybe that's what kept us going! Mary Ann and Nyla busy at work. Everyone had such cute fabric to make their bags. Some were making them for church bags, while others were using them for work. Amberly was making a diaper bag for her new little one that comes next month.

Gosh Amberly can't we find you a table!

We even had a visitor with us that night. Kira came from Santaquin to sew with us. She wanted to come make a bag for her Young Womens books. It was fun having her there and her tote bag was darling. Will we see you next month Kira?
This was a great moment, Carilisa's ric rac lined up beautifully on both sides of her bag. It looked liked she hadn't even missed a beat sewing it on. She was just tickled about it. Way to go Carilisa.
This is me giving some directions on the inside pockets. What's fun about this bag, you can design how big you want your pockets to be on the inside.
My sewing students with their finished bags. Amberly Collett, Brooke Betts, Me, Nyla Allen, Erin Lambert, Shana Boyack, Carilisa Bean, Dondy Chyneworth and Angela Escamilla. We were missing a couple of our faithful sewers that night. We missed you Chelsey and Aunt Dale. It's fun having new faces join us every month. I haven't even finished all my Christmas projects and I've got to come up with something for January. Some of the ladies requested self binding recieving blankets, sounds good to me. These are easy to make. I better get going on a couple to display.

1 comment:

Shortcake and Company said...

I'm still so bummed I was sick that night. Shell and I have the cutest material. Thank heavens we have the cutest aunt to lead the way on a later date.