Christmas

May 18, 2009

A fun Mother's Day!

What a fun day, Stuart and I traveled to Levan to spend some time with the Mitchell's. Kaitlyn and Mike had done a wonderful job. Everything was great. Kaitlyn had asked her dad to make dutch oven potatoes for our contribution to lunch. These are one of Kaitlyn's favorites. We had already gotten both the girl's these nice Lodge cast iron pots and then I made the cute dishtowels and washcloths to go with it. What a surprise when we didn't show up with the potatoes already done. Stuart wanted to make them in Kaitlyn's new mother's day gift!
"Teach me how to make these Dad," Kaitlyn said. Look whose doing the cooking! Good ole Dad!
Me and my two cute girls.

After lunch and a little visiting we headed back Santaquin way to stop in and drop off Kira's gift. We caught them just as they were getting home from camping. The kids were all hyped up about seeing us and couldn't wait for mom to get her present opened. What great little helpers.
Ride em' cowboy! Isn't this the cutest little rocking bull? And cowboy! It plays a couple tunes when you squeeze his ears. And Thayne knew just how to make it rock back and forth. This is the gift we gave him for his birthday.
I got some really fun gifts this year. Kira made this fun banner to hang up in my sewing room, and Kaitlyn gave me a plaque that says Families are Forever to put in the new basement. Thank you kids for the fun gifts.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I just wanted to say how absolutely adorable these dish towels are! I love them! Also I am sooooo looking forward to the bag ladies class on the 10th! Thanks for helping me pick out my fabric!