Christmas

May 18, 2009

Picnicing Mr. Panell ( Is this a John Wayne movie?)

Sunday afternoon Stuart suggested we make a picnic and go for a ride up Diamond Fork Canyon, one of his favorite places to take a truck tour. We hadn't been on a picnic for a very long time. I said, "Sure why not. I had just finished making a macaroni salad to go with the leftover meat tray from the day before. We had all your typical picnic foods just ready and waiting for a day like this. The picnic put a little spring in Stuart's step so off we go adventuring!
After we finished our lunch and cleaned up we got back in the truck and headed over the hills and through the ruts to Streepers we would go. Stuart has drawn an elk permit for this falls hunt so he wanted to ride over towards Strawberry to check out the elk herd. On our way down Indian Creek we spotted this doe coming down to water.
The weather was even warm enough to get in and take a bath. We were just about 50 feet away from her. She didn't even care that we were there taking pictures.
I have a feeling there will be many more road trips up around this valley throughout the summer. Stuart is pretty excited to find that big one. And so are the boys because they will be hunting along side him. I know I'm in on the joy rides but I'll leave all the hunting to him. After coming out of the canyon we stopped at Baskin Robbins for a little chocolate fix, I think after 28 years he finally has figured me out!

No comments: