May 26, 2010

Day 1 & 2 of Market

Oh wow, what a great adventure!
Day 1 of our trip started out perfect, but by the time our flight landed in Minnesota we had been on a roller coaster of a plane ride. Let me explain. Our flight was right on time leaving Salt Lake, but when we got to Denver to catch our connecting flight they told us that the airport was closed in and out because of the bad weather and that there was a tornado watch until 9:00 that night. We sat on the tarmack for 2 hours waiting for this to go by.
Ready set go!

Goodbye luggage, see you there. I hope!
So what do you do while you are stuck in a plane for 2 hours, well you can look through the skymall magazine like Emily did. Can you believe the stuff in there. We thought this was funny, a ladder for your dog! Come on now.
Or you can bind a quilt like I did.
So back to the story, by the time we made it to Minnesota it was almost 2:00 a.m. Wednesday morning. We went to get our rental car only to find out they closed at midnight. How sweet of them to leave a note posted that we would have to get it in a different location. What? We lugged our luggage around trying to find the new spot. But yah you guessed it, they closed at 2:00 and we were there at 2:30. Now what do we do? We called the hotel and they said they would be right out to get us. Hey, a bed finally! It's only 3:00 now. We finally made it to bed totally exhausted. We will deal with the rental car in the morning, but wait it is morning. Maybe it will be afternoon before we even get up!
Emily was so exhausted she feel asleep on the bench waiting for the shuttle.
Needless to say we slept in on Wednesday. Missed breakfast but we finally made it to get our rental and we were off for some lunch and sightseeing.
Don't get me lost, Em. It's a good thing we had Julie (our GPS), she was our life saver all week. She even took us to the Mall of America!
This place is huge, we had lots of fun exploring the shops, and checking out the amusement park that is located in the center. We didn't see the whole thing, by the time we had done levels one and two we were getting tired, we needed a nap!
This is part of the park and the picture below is the biggest shoe store I have ever seen. I felt like I was in show heaven.
After the mall we went back to rest a bit before we treked out to find a few misc. items for the booth. We found a Michaels Craft store and right by there was a Cheesecake Factory. That was our supper the first night there. Of course we had cheesecake to go, wouldn't of you!
After the ordeal of getting here, it's turning into a great trip so far, except when I get back to the hotel to start blogging about it. Some more bad luck, stupid computer! Now you have to follow my journey a week late, oh well things could have been worse. Stay tuned, I didn't want to bore you all in one day. More of the adventures tomorrow.

4 comments: said...

AWESOME! Thanks for the picture of me and my back-fat! Ew! I think I'm going to post on my blogs a link to yours okay? thanks Shan. :o)

kitty<3 said...

cool blog! I like it! :D
visit my group blog with a few of my close friends on:

Yvonne said...

Wow! What an adventures and great pictures already and you didn't even make it to the market yet!
Isn't travelling wonderful? You never know what is going to happen around the next corner.....
Looking forward to your next blog tomorrow!

Loraine said...

We must have been going to Minn. at the same time. We too were stuck on the runway for 2 hours! Wasn't that crazy? We ended up taking a taxi to the hotel. It cost us a pretty penny, and we were the closest hotel to the airport!
It was so fun to meet you at market. Emily had a cute booth. I look forward to more pictures!