Christmas

May 12, 2010

Simply Sweing 101

Hey all my Simply Sewing 101 girls, how about we get together to make something fun for summer. This is a great project for those of you that spend alot a time at the pool. Maybe you don't, but your kids probably do right? This fun Beach-Time Towel Tote is just what your little ones are going to need. And the best thing about this tote is that's it's put together in one piece. Then when you get to the pool, you just unzip the pocket and ta-da you pull your towel out and place the pocket piece over your lounge chair. Pretty clever I think. Here it is all folded up nice and neat.

Unzip it and you have this...

We won't be meeting in May because things around here just a little bit busy with me getting ready to go next week and then we get into the last week of school which I'm sure is a busy time for some of you. So we will be meeting on June 3rd @ 6:00 p.m. here at my house. The fun thing is that my daughter, Kira will be the one instructing us on this bag. Come join the fun.
I have included a supply list but I will have them here at home if you would rather stop by and pick one up. Here is what you will need:
Beach towel (any towel) Kira just bought the biggest one she could find
1 yard fabric
Matching thread
30" of 1 1/2" cotton belting for strap
1 14" zipper
Sewing machine
Zipper foot, please get familiar with this before class. All machines are different, get to know yours.
BSK(Basic Sewing Kit) Include pins, scissors, seam guage, seam ripper, etc.
Please e-mail or call me if you have any questions.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

What a great idea! This way it won't slip of your chair every time! Have a fun day the 3th of June, you must be proud of Kira following your teaching footsteps.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Your blog is interesting. I like it. Wish to get more information in future.I will be back here next time. Good

luck.Welcome to my blog.
china wholesale
Cell Phone
iPhone Clone
Multi Function Cell Phone