Christmas

January 25, 2009

It's finished!

Is is ok to brag a little bit? I finished the quilt I was working on last week. It turned out just the way I had visioned it. I did this quilt with the raw edge applique method, all the seams on the dresden are sewn on the outside and then I attached it to the foundation peice by machine. After it is washed all the seams will be frayed just a touch. The girl's at the Corn Wagon thought it was just as cute as I did. They liked it so well they wanted me to get it quilted and bound in time to take to the Winterfest Retreat up at Daniels Summit this next weekend. So Ramona quilted it Thursday while I was at work and I got it bound and washed on Saturday. Thursday I spend the day at work making up the kits for the quilt. It just needed a name so we came up with the name of Dresden In The Raw! What do you think of the name? Funny huh?

Marsha and Mary Ann will be hanging this up in the Corn Wagon booth at the retreat, the kits will be going as well. I hope everyone likes it and buys the kits. We will also have the kits at the store. Stop in and see me and the quilt at the Corn Wagon as soon as it gets back from traveling.

Here's a close up of the raw edges after the quilt was washed and dried, and the bottom picture is the finished quilt. Ok, have I bragged enough about the quilt? Pretty cute if I do say so myself. Who's the designer? ME, ME, ME! I'm very proud of it can you tell?

2 comments:

deborah peake said...

you did an awesome job!! Way to go.. You are so talented. love the quilt.. I will be stopping in real soon for some new baby blankets. love ya. Jacob's girlfriend is darling and she looks like she fits right in.love ya, deborah

Meg said...

So adorable shannon! I need to come to one of your sewing classes. I don't really know how to use my sewing machine, but I want to learn!