Christmas

April 19, 2009

A little Baggin...

Oops, I meant to say braggin!
Here are a couple of bags I've been working on this weekend. It seems like I've been waiting for this fabric for a very long time now. I knew just what I wanted to do with it when it did come in. How did you guess that it would be bags? I also have some ready for some kind of quilt. I just can't get enough of this cute line from Moda. It is called Arcadia. Don't wait to long to pick some up for yourself, it won't be around for long the way it's flying off the shelf!
This is a bag I did for myself, check it out!
Look at all the pretty pleats all in a row!

This is a pattern I found in the Simplicity pattern book. I forgot what it was like to sew with a regular sewing pattern. I haven't sewn anything with one of these patterns for such a long time.
This bag has some fun features, it's a really deep bag so I put a divider in the lining so I could find things a bit easier. It also had a zippered pocket, which I had never sewn before. It's always a good thing to learn something new, right? I decided it was so easy I put another one in on the other side, only I didn't have another zipper so I left it open. I've gotten used to the key fobs in my other bags, so I added one of those too. I also added the magnetic snap to keep everything nice and cozy down inside. I used some left over fabric for the covered button on the outside. Have you ever done one of these things? They make these things pretty easy compared to how we did them in years past. What a fun weekend project that turned out to be.
Now check out this fun purse.I am so thrilled about this one. For the new class list that comes out the end of April at the Corn Wagon, we've added a new class. Yup, the Bag Ladies Club! Myself and Suzanne will be teaching the class. All the ladies at work call use the bag ladies, hence the name of the club. Here's how it works. We will be making a different bag each month for the summer class schedule ranging anywhere from a purse, a tote bag for your hot irons, both hair and sewing. And possibly a mystery bag the last month. Our classes will be held the last Thursday of the month starting in May. Come in and sign up at the shops openhouse, May 7th - 9th.
This is the bag we will teaching in May. The pattern is from the company Melly & Me out of Austrailia. We will be using more of their patterns in the upcoming months. They really have some cute ones, it's going to be hard to pick and choose our bags each month.

This is the side view of the purse. It has these fun little tabs that gather the sides up. Have I got you just as excited as I am about this new club? I can't wait to see you in class.

1 comment:

Cass and Craig said...

If I wouldn't have read your blog i wouldn't have known that the fabric line was in! Im so coming over to the shop now!