Christmas

April 8, 2009

A Triple "A" Trip!

AMAZING, AWESOME ANNIVERSARY
We started out on the 3rd of April which is our
28th wedding anniversary.
Does this look like Lake Powell weather to you? This is what we encountered going over the summit in Spanish Fork Canyon. There was blowing snow and ice packed roads.
Weather change!
Little chilly and cloudy skies when we arrived in Hanksville but smooth sailing from there on. This was all new country to me, because I have never seen this part of Utah. Who knew all this beautiful scenery is right here in our own backyard. I guess everybody in Utah but ME!



Our first stop of the weekend was Bullfrog, here we set up camp at the lovely well shaded R.V. Park. Check out our big shade tree. Good thing we didn't need it! It was only 50 degrees and rained off and on all night.






After we had set up camp and had lunch we set out on a grand adventure. We headed for the Burr Trail. Why so much talk about this scenic byway?




All I could see was road, road and more road. Rocks, sagebrush and lots of lonely cows! It was definitely Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

We then went over to the Marina and this is our view from camp.






Check out all the house boats they were getting ready for the summer season. I have never seen anything like it.
YOU must need money for these things, slippery slides included.

One stop shopping at the marina.
You can find food, boats, T-shirts, and the beer joint if your so inclined.
Boats and beer don't mix do they?
We're getting really good at the self timer on the camera don't you think?

Saturday morning we decided to take a boat ride but Stuart caught me rock climbing in my boots that were made for walking!








Here comes the boat. It's not a boat it's a Fiery! We loaded the truck and trailer on the fiery and headed across Lake Powell to Halls Crossing. Scary! Not!



We made it on. Simply amazing to me, we even took pictures on Stuart's phone and sent them to the kids back home. Hatch was a little confused with this one. Wouldn't you be to if you couldn't see it for yourself?


What a beautiful view of the lake and the surrounding rock formations.
Headed off the ramp and on our way to Hall's Crossing. Not much to see there so on we go.

A couple hours later we find ourselves in Monticello. We wanted to see the LDS Temple there, it wasn't hard to find in such a small town setting. We would have stopped to do a session but it was closed due to General Conference weekend.

Moab here we come!
This is where we spent Saturday and Sunday night. We planned this well! We got here just as the Jeep Safari was beginning. Boy were we lucky to get a R.V. spot in this town with over 80 thousand jeepers, or "creepers"!

It's "SEW" Shannon found It's Sew Moab. I knew there was a quilt shop in town but didn't know the name or shop hours. I called Corn Wagon for info. Guess what? It's a good thing I only had 25 minutes to shop, they close at 4:00 on Saturday's. I couldn't really find anything to buy, they have alot of southwest and kokopelli fabric. They don't have anything in kits ready to buy and that's what I like to do at out of town quilt shops. After visiting the quilt shop we had dinner at Eddie McStiff's and went back to the trailer and watched movies.

Sunday we went to both Arches and Canyonlands Parks. We took so many pictures, here are just a few of them.

Balancing Rock

Delicate Arch, way back in the background.

Window Arch

Look at this formation, I asked Stuart if someone had put it there with a crane!!
What would your answer be?
Don't you think it's going to slide off of there?
Watch out below!
It snows in Canyonlands to. We came upon about 6" all the
way to the lookout at Island in the Sky.

This is quite a drop off, the Colorado River is in the middle at the very bottom.

After a day of sight seeing. My personal chef prepared a gourmet barbecued hamburger feast. I love the start of this season. Fresh fruit and baked beans, shrimp dip and chips, pickles and olives. A nice spring lupper!

What do you do in Moab after dark on a Sunday night?

Settle in with my blanket, prop up my feet. Get myself a diet coke and a chocolate fix.

And watch King George on the Country Music Awards.
Ahh, the conveince's of home in your R.V.
What an enjoyable evening.
Monday the 6th we returned home and celebrated yet another anniversary!
27 years ago we were sealed in the Provo Temple.
We went to dinner at one of our favorite resturants, PF Changs.
They served us these cute little desserts, of course I would choose the Red Velvet Cake and Stuart chose the Strawberry Cheesecake. Afterwards Stuart treated me to shopping for my favorite perfume.
Spellbound and Pleasures.
Talk about an anniversay gift!
What an amazing, awesome anniversary.
Stuart, thanks for the memories were making.

8 comments:

Emily Herrick said...

How fun! What a nice trip. I can't wait for the day that me and my sweetie can take off for a trip, just the two of us.

Thanks for your comments on my blog! :o)

Shortcake and Company said...

I loved to read about your anniversary getaway. You guys do such fun things with each other and I think that's great! I'm glad you included what your perfumes are because those smells are you to a T. Every time I smell Spellbound I think of you.

Kaitlyn said...

Another milestone congrats. I am so glad you two had fun, what a fun time in your life that you dont have to worry about the kids and can just take off whenever you want. You two are a wonderful example to me i hope when Mike and I get to be at that point in our lifes we can enjoy each other as much ad you two do. LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD.

daurenet said...

Hey it looks lke you had a wonderful time. Glad you were able to have a safe trip. We are heading our of town next week,can't wait. I need to come in tothe store and show you what I got done.
daurenet

deborah peake said...

What a great anniversary trip!! I love reading you posts and especially all the fun pictures. Theres nothing like a good night in with King George on the tube!!He looks great and so do you and Stuart. Happy Anniversary.

Yvonne said...

I am a quilter from the Netherlands. My husband and I are visiting Moab this June. I was looking for a quiltshop in Moab and came out on your Blog. I loved it! Reading your Blog and viewing the great pictures I am even looking forward more to our trip to the US.
Yvonne

Shannon said...

Yvonne, thanks for stopping by my blog. It was fun to see someone outside the U.S.A. visiting. I wish I had your e-mail or blogspot. Please let me know if I can help with anything for your trip. Shannon

Yvonne said...

Hi Shannon,
My e-mail adress is: yvonne.van.rijn@casema.nl