Christmas

January 9, 2010

It's time for Bags!

It's the new year and that means it's time to start our new classes at the Corn Wagon. Again we are offering the Bag Ladies Club. This has become one of the most popular classes in the line up of classes on the schedule. We meet the last Thursday of the month and boy do we know how to sew and laugh at the same time. For this months bag I have chosen to do a tote bag, this bag is perfect for taking small on the go projects with you, magazines, kids books, it could be used as a small diaper bag, or even a lunch bag. It would also make a nice spring purse. The pattern is from Thankfully Sew and it is called the Green Apple Tote. Our class is January 28th @ 6:00, come in and sign up if you think you might want to join us. Or e-mail me so I can get you the supply list. oohsaahsw@aol.com This is one of the bags on display at the shop, it's made from the yummy new line from Heather Bailey called Nicey Jane. Just in time for the blah blah months of winter. I love the fresh new looks of spring.
Check out the fun new colored snaps I happened upon at JoAnn's. I went back to get some more and they were all gone. Darn it, they are the cutest things around. On the card was a pink, white and yellow one. I'm sure they'll have more one day.

Now, for some exciting news. The next two bags are hanging on display at Dave's Bernina in St. George. Yes, you read right. My bags have made their way down south. I've been asked by Maudie(my friend from Dave's in Provo) to teach classes every month at their new store in St. George. I will be teaching class during the week that I'm down there. What a great opportunity for me to get to know some of the sewing ladies in that area and what an awesome way to earn a little extra cash to spend in the fun shops down there. You know me and shopping. We get along like peas and carrots!
These bags are made from the Authentic Line from Moda and the new Michael Miller line called Woodland Delight Collection from Paula Prass. Very cute fabrics on both of these bags. I'm sure these will be gifts someday.
Inside Dave's Bernina St. George store, they are located right on the boulevard.

My first class will be on February 4th at 10:00 a.m. So if there are any followers of my blog in the southern end of the state, I would love the chance to meet you and have you in one of my classes. Other classes I'm teaching in the months ahead will be listed on my sidebar in the next day or two. E-mail me or Dave's Bernina if you are interested in details: oohsaahsw@aol.com or http://www.davesbernina.com/ See you on the 4th of February.




2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh Oh...how I would like to live closer to Utah and join one of your classes! A girl just can't have enough bags! They are so lovely and colourful!

Lindsay said...

So excited to have you come to our end of the state! Does this mean some lunch get togethers? I think you need to bring your two cute girls with you. It's been way too long since I've seen them.