Christmas

January 26, 2011

Here they are. . .

as promised. I finished up the two quilts I was working on late last night. These are some really fun quilts. If you thought the last quilt that I posted made you happy, take a look at these little beauties. All ready to go to Winterfest!
This first one is called Blissful Day and I made it from the Amy Butler Love Blossom collection. The background fabric is Kona Snow. The bright pink ric rac just makes the whole quilt look complete. You can find this pattern in the March issue of Quilts. This is the second one I have made from this pattern. I love how fast this quilt goes. You can have it cut and sewn in a day. Now that's the kind of quilts I like to do. Fast but fun!
The backing and binding are of the same fabric, also from Love Blossom. I cheated on this one and bound it by machine. Kind of liking that look on some quilts, and this just happens to be one.
The second quilt is called Sugar Rush. This quilt features different lines of fabric. The most used is the Riley Blake line called Sweet Divinity by The Quilted Fish. Amanda Herring is the designer. I also used a little of the Bliss line from Bonnie & Camille from Moda.
The giant flowers I machined appliqued around using the button hole stictch. Emily has a great tutorital right now if you want a lesson on it. The big scalloped border is also machine appliqued. Pretty easy to learn.
You can find this pattern in the Simplify book by Camille. This book is a fun one to have. It features quilts used from pre-cuts. I can't wait to make another one out of it. But before I do any of that I need to finish up some bags that have been pushed aside so I could finish quilts. I've been missing my bags and bag classes. Tomorrow night though, I get to see some of my bag lady friends. It seems like it's been forever, since the holidays anyways.
P.S. Have any of you done anything happy today? Let me in on some of your happiness!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Really, really cute those quilts Shannon! I am sure everyone at the Winterfest are going to love these!
I really had a fun day telling everyone at work I am going to be a grandmother!Now I am going to tell the ladies at the Bee so it is a happy, happy day!

daurenet said...

Oh it was so fun to see you the other day! And so glad that I got to see those quilts in person! So dang cute! Please call me and let's do lunch!

Martha said...

I LOVE those quilts! Wish I could go to the Winterfest.