Christmas

March 9, 2011

A March Mystery!

I was asked by Dave's Bernina to teach the Wednesday night Sew Whatever for the month of March. Myself and Maudie decided to do a March Mystery Bag. Last Wednesday, the 2nd was the beginning of the mystery. We started with clues 1 -7 and we will finish the rest of the clues tonight. Hopefully everyone will have a finished bag to be carrying around on their shoulder. I will not be teaching next week as I will be on a fabulous trip so Maudie has come up with a fun mystery accessory for their bag. I will be back at it the 4th Wednesday with yet another great mystery. It's not to late to sign up for the 3rd and 4th weeks, call or stop in Dave's to get all the details. Some of the fun sewing girl's at Dave's last Wednesday night.
This is Michelle with her finished bag. I guess you could say she kind of had a head start on her bag. This bag just happens to be the one I taught back in October and she was in my class then. Her bag turned out darling, just the perfect bag for spring. She was glad that she had waited so long to finish it up. She said it would of not been a good fall and winter bag. Sounds just like a girl thing, huh?
I am so proud of Michelle. She has overcome many challenges in her short life and has some disabilities she faces everyday but this hasn't prevented her from becoming a beautiful sewer. What an awesome experience for me to be part of her journey.
I don't know about you, but this picture makes me happy. Way to "SEW" Michelle!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I love it when girls are coming togehter to sew! The mess they can make while sewing! And than create something amizing! It looks like a fun class and the bag of Michelle is so cute!