Christmas

November 13, 2010

Blocks in the mail!

Don't you like when you get surprises in the mail? This package is one that I had forgot about. In October I particippated in Aunt Pitty Pat's http://auntpittypats.blogspot.com Halloween block swap. We were to make 13 blocks and in return we recieved one of all the others blocks. A little bit late, but it will be fun putting this together for next years Halloween. We also had to send our self addressed envolope for mailing them back.
A sampling of all the blocks. I wish I could of got them all in the picture. You would of been able to see them all if I would get the quilt pieced together that has been stuck to my design wall for months. It just needs to be sewn together. So there's a goal for me do get it done before next year! This is what my block was like. I thought since I'm called the bag lady why not do a trick or treat bag. The bag really does open to put treats in. I guess you could call it the 3D effect! Thanks APP for putting a fun swap together. I don't know how this women does it, she had a swap going on all the time. Check them out on her blog if want to get involved with some.

4 comments:

Martha said...

I love this block! I can't wait to see the quilt "next year".

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Shannon, I love that block you made with the bag on it! Great idea!

MGM

Yvonne said...

It really is a great idea! Wouldn't it be nice to have a 'bag quilt' hanging on the wall of your quiltroom to put all kinds of stuff in the baggs!

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness how fun is this, a quilt swap.
This is going to be one fun quilt. Can't wait to see the finished project, even if I have to wait the whole year.