Christmas

November 2, 2010

Twisters Gone Wild!

Come on baby and do the twist! Saturday was the big day for my twister quilt. I had 7 participate in this class, and that many was just perfect. I met some really awesome ladies that day.There's Joan, Sheila, Shirley and Sue.
Alice and Tracy getting started on their quilts.
And Janie just pressing away.
What a sweetheart, Shirley brought lunch for us all. I took alot of treats that day but nothing like this. Her salad was so good. Wow, I hope she enrolls in some more of my classes! Not only did she do the whole lunch but she brought all the paper goods too. What a great surprise, I wonder if she hires out! Wouldn't this be awesome at every class? I am going to share the recipe at the end of this post. She says its a really easy one.
Shirley, Sue and Sheila had a system going. Shirley would cut, Sue would run and Sheila would stitch. They finished Shirley's quilt and were going to get together to finish the other two. Way to sew girl's!
Here's Sheila sewing rows of pinwheels together.
Shirley's quilt was from Awesome from Sandi Gervais. Joan's quilt ready for cutting those pinwheels. She chose to do her quilt from Bliss from Bonnie & Camille. Something about this line makes me happy. What about you?
Alice and her quilt. One more border and she's ready to cut too. Alice is making her quilt out of Fruitcake from Basic Gray. It's going to be a Christmas quilt and her first one I might add. She did a great job for this being her first quilt. I am happy that I was able to help her learn something fun and new. I think we have a quilter!
Peek-a-boo Tracy, I see you! Tracy and Sue both did their quilts from Fandango from Kate Spain. This quilt is similar to the one I just finished or should I say just about finished for the shop. Hopefully, I will be able to share it with you this weekend after I get it bound.
We had so much fun twisting the day away, they almost got really wild at times. Now here's Shirley's salad recipe.
Chicken & Spinich Salad
1 pkg. tri color pasta (cooked)
3 chicken breasts (cooked & cut up)
1/3 cup green onions (diced)
1 cup chopped cashews
1 bag spinich leaves
Seasame seeds, toasted
Dressing: 1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. pepper
Place chopped chicken in dressing 1 hour before serving, then toss everything together.
Yummy!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Are they coming back to learn to use the twisters on the quilt? I think I would be so afraid to cut the quilt in pieces! They sure did a lot of work in one class already!