Christmas

November 27, 2010

Finished Finally!

This bag has only been in the works since last spring, it was about time I finished it before spring rolls around again. This is the demo bag I taught My Favorite Bag with. Actually this bag is not mine. It belongs to Marsha, the shop owner of Corn Wagon Quilts. She picked everything out and I sewed it for her. The fabric line is Rural Jardine from French General. The top part of the bag is linen which you can't tell against this beige wall. The tie is cut on the bias, which makes for a really pretty bag.
The inside pockets of this bag are terrific, there's room for lots and lots of sewing supplies which I'm sure Marsha will be using it for. She loved the outcome, but then who wouldn't when you are using such a fun and fairly simple pattern. Kati Cupcake has two new patterns out right now for bags. I can't wait to share the finished projects with you. Give me a couple weeks though. I need to finish up my decorating and also complete some things in the works for the new little addition that's making his way to the White house.
Oh yah, I forgot to mention that I was the lucky winner of the give away on Amy's blog. I won a copy of her new book, Baby It's You. It has some really fun quilt and bag patterns. I can't wait to get started on some of them. Thanks Amy for a fun give away. By the way, this is my very first contest to win. Boy am I a lucky girl!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Cute bag!
I made a purse with inside pockets and I love it!

Yvonne said...

Congrats with winning the give away. Isn't that exiting! Your bag is so cute! I love the fabric that Marcha choose. She is ready for spring to come with a cute bag like that! But you probably first have to watch tons and tons of snow melt....
You made me curious of the bags you are going to make....hurry, hurry!! (LOL)

Nanette Merrill said...

oh my gosh I love that bag. The fabric is perfect for it. So so so cute.