Christmas

November 27, 2010

Crochet and Dancing!

I bet you didn't know I could crochet did you? You probably thought all I could do is sewing bags and piecing quilts, huh. Well your wrong. This has been my seat every Monday night for the last 10 weeks or so. One of my favorite shows is Dancing with the Stars, so while I watch, I crochet. All I know how to do though is baby blankets, but that counts as crocheting doesn't it? I find this really relaxing. A good way to unwind from a busy day of sewing or working!
And the only design I know how to crochet is this one called Hugs and Kisses. It was taught to me by a friend about 8 years ago when we were getting our first grand baby. I finished this one up during the last show. The finals were awesome, didn't you think? Or are you a fan like me?
This is who I have been rooting for the whole time. Jennifer and Derik did so a great job every week. How could they not have been the winners?So this is what I have been working on the last 10 weeks.
Don't they make the funnest stuff for babies now. This new little one is going to stay nice and warm this winter all wrapped up in his grandma's love.
This blanket I did a litte different. I used a chenille yarn and you only have to do a single crochet around the whole thing. It makes a really soft edge. The brand of yarn is called Peter Pan Darling. And you bet it is! Now what to do with my Monday & Tuesday nights? I know, let's get ready for Christmas!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

I didn't know you could crochet! It is relaxing isn't it? just like knitting. It is great to have your hands busy while watching your favorite show. We heard that Jennifer won. She danced with Patrick Swayze they told here. The blanckets do look lovely, all finished and ready to wrap a cute little boy!

Nedra said...

Yay for crochet! I didn't know you crocheted either. We should get together and compare easy projects, because I am a newbie too.

Martha said...

I love the blankets with crocheted edges. Do you do the hem-stitching yourself or do you buy them alread stitched? I have to wait until I am in Utah to buy them and then are limited to the fabrics already made up. Love your color choices. I can only crochet shells edgings.

mdehoop@hotmail.com