Christmas

October 1, 2008

PINK, PINK, PINK!

It's October 1st my friends, do you know what that means, we will be seeing lots of pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I am one that has my yearly exam, I hope you do to, I know how important they are. You have read my posts about my good friend Kaye, her Dr's told her she was a perfect poster women for a mamo because if it hadn't of been for her's she wouldn't of detected her problem because it was in the tissue and not in the breast itself. So get it done! Another one of my club friends has gone through breast cancer, Gayleen has been cancer free for almost 4 years now, she is an amazing friend as well as Kaye. I admire them both. Breast cancer has also affected our family. Stuart's niece Tiffany went through the terrible ordeal of breast cancer when she was pregnant, she found out in her 7th month. What a trooper she is. This December will mark her 2 year anniversary of being cancer free. She and little Brigham are doing so well. This C word stinks!
I'm sure there are many of you that have someone you know that has gone through or is going through this right now, let's give them our support by getting our mamo done, and see if there is some way we can find a cure for this awful disease.
One of the girl's that participated in the same apron swap I was in is sponsoring a give away in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, she's giving away a pink apron, check out her blog if you want to enter: http://www.itching2bstitching.blogspot.com/
I picked up my PINK M&M's yesterday, have you? What do you prefer plain or peanut? I'm a peanut girl.

No comments: