Christmas

October 28, 2008

Remembering Mom


How do I start today's post? Today is the 2nd anniversary of my Mom's death. These kind of days aren't always the happiest for me until I see all the happy reminders around me. I have plenty of memories stowed away in my memory bank and so many more material things that I have of my mom. Somedays are harder than others, but I'm getting through them knowing her and Dad are together just like they always were. I thank my mom for eveything I am today. Where would I have been now if it weren't for her and her good up bringing. Mom was home everyday after school, she never had to work outside the home. Oh how I loved coming home to homemade cookies or a pot of homemade chili on a cool fall friday afternoon with a slice of Wil's fresh bakery bread. I can still see her doing her needlework in the same spot on the couch ( maybe that's why I always have a needle in hand), I miss the smell of her Estee Lauder perfume, and her friday afternoon phone calls just after she's been to Nadine's to get her hair done. I could go on and on forever. Thanks Mom for making life so wonderful for me, I'll cherish the memories we made together forever. Love you. Here are just a few pictures of my special mom.For Christmas 2005, I got all my dad's shirts and jeans and made little wall quilts for my mom, brothers and sisters. What a Christmas to remember, who would of thought it would be the last one with mom.

Mom loved to attend the Fiesta Days Rodeo every year, the kids loved to watch as she would get so excited at the bucking bulls, you would of thought she was the one riding!
The floweres at the funeral were all so pretty. Luckily the weather held out so they lasted a little longer.


Sorry this picture is a little blurry but I just had to post it. My mom was always complimenting and joking with us that we always looked nice and had to buy nice things to wear to special occasions, well she should of known this was a special occassion, thanks for the great influence Mom, you taught us to shop well! These are my fun sisters, Jan, Tamara and Collette.







2 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

What a great post. I can't believe it has been two years. What a great time we had with her, I miss her tons, but with the great Plan of Salvation, and being a Eternal Family, i know that we will see her again and be a forever family with her and grandpa. I bet grandpa and grandma are having a wonderful time together and watching over us as we get to enjoy the little blessings they send to us (Thayne and Kinley). What a great gift that is to know that they got to be with them and know their great grandma and grandpa before even coming to us. I MISS GRANDPA AND GRANDMA lots and hold alot of memories in my mind about them to that i will get to share with my kids. Thanks for that posst it got me thinking more and more about all the times we had. I love you mom and thanks for being the way you are i wish we were closer so i could see you more and so you could see kinley more to. Remember my door is always open and you more then welcome to come in. i know it is boring down here but what could be better then spending good time with you. love ya

Shortcake and Company said...

What a sweet post. It' crazy as time goes on how sweeter and dear the memories become. You do have fun parents. It's funny because I remember her perfume smell too. And, what's even neater is that you have a signature smell too. I always know when you're around because it smells sweet. I hope your day went okay. That's a tough one.