Christmas

July 27, 2010

Let's See Those Quilts!

Just a week before the quilt show in Spanish Fork I received this package from Yvonne. I had e-mailed and told her about the quilt show and invited her to send something to exhibit at the show. This was Yvonne's first quilt to enter in a show.
Proudly standing in front of our quilts. Up front and personal on the gate where everyone could see them.
Yvonne's quilt is just beautiful, you should see it up close. Her work is a amazing and it's all pieced by hand.
I entered about 7 quilts in the show. Some of them you will recognize from previous posts. This is a quilt named Shannon's quilt.
My Spooky Treats quilt. A seasonal favorite of the grandkids.

This one is called Sew Simple from the Simply Sashed Turning Twenty book.
Surprise Yvonne! This quilt is for you. I entered this quilt in the show as a surprise for Yvonne. I named it Welcome to Utah. She was a bit overwhelmed that I would do something like this for her.
She can cuddle up with this and think of her many journeys to our great state.
My French General quilt, Reaunnieres. This is one of my all time favorites. It hangs in my living room. I think Yvonne had a good time visiting the show and what a fun way to start her holiday. Who doesn't love a good old fashioned quilt show especially when you have one entered.

No comments: