Christmas

July 9, 2010

Shop Hop Quilts!

I know I am a bit behind with finishing up the Corn Wagon Family reunion saga, but I thought you should see some of the new quilts we have hanging around the shop. The first three are on loan from a local designer up north. My mind has gone somewhere else right now. I am having a hard time remembering her name. Don't you just hate it when that happens? It's on the tip of my tongue too! She has done most of these from scraps. Her work is really amazing.
This is one of my favorites.
This is a fun pattern Margene did from a book titled, Layer Cake, Jelly Roll and Charm Quilts from Pam & Nicky Lintott. No problem remembering this one because I have this book and fabric.

Now this is amazing. My co-worker Suzanne made this wonderful quilt just for our family reunion. She started working on it in January of this year. Everything on it is applique. This just happens to be another Utah designer by the name of Lori Holt. There are so many things I love on the quilt, but I think my favorite is the potatoe salad. It so reminds me of my mom's, she always put the boiled eggs on top just like Lori did. We still have kits and patterns of this left.
Ths is the Glad All Over quilt that I did. This pattern is from Abbey Lane Quilts. The pattern and kits were gone by the second day of the shop hop. Yeah, that means it was well liked.

And this last quilt was our shop hop quilt designed and pieced together by the manager of the shop, Mary Ann Nelson. She is known for her itsy, bitsy pieces. Every quilt she makes is little and I mean little. I don't know how she does it. She paper pieced all of the small log cabin blocks. Each of those blocks took her an hour to make. Count them up, that's alot of hours spent on this quilt. Each of the small 15 quilts displayed in the house and on the clothesline represents each shop participating in the shop hop.

Here is a close up of her log cabin blocks. What do you think? Are you ready for the challenge? She has these already in kits for anyone feeling up to it.
Stop in and see these awesome quilts, they won't be hanging around much longer, it's time to move onto Halloween and Christmas, oh my!


1 comment:

Yvonne said...

What an amazing quilts! I hope they will be still hanging in the shop when I will be dropping in....
It is going to be so difficult to choose what to bring back home. Can't wait to see them all for real!