Christmas

July 27, 2010

Welcome to Utah!

Here are some close up pictures of the Welcome to Utah quilt I made for Yvonne and Alex. I have had this Utah fabric in my stash for a very long time, in fact I just about got rid of it last year because I hadn't done anything with it yet. What made me didn't, I'm not sure. I'm certainly glad I didn't, it was a perfect piece to start a welcome quilt for our fine guests.
For the inside border I used a yellow print and the outside border I used a royal blue to tie in all the colors of the Utah print. The backing was a Michael Miller black and gray dot.
The binding was in my stash too. It is a Michael Miller stripe that I bought when I was working at Creekside Needle Arts. And then I added one of my labels and dated it 2010.
Along with the quilt we put together a welcome basket full of things representing our state, the Beehive State. It also happens to be the name of Yvonne's sewing Bee. This made for a fun and yummy gift basket. We put in things like Raspberry Jam, Boysenberry syrup, scone mix and pancake mix. Chocolate covered cherries from the Red Barn in Santaquin and honey butter. I included a Bee key ring and notebook. I also included four 1/2 yard cuts of some really fun bee related fabrics that I found at Deseret Book. Also inside was a Lehi Rolling Mills brownie mix and a cute spatula with of course, bee's on it. We also included a jar of Stuart's seasoning. I tied it all up with a big bow and added this unique stained class ornament also found at DB. I had bought Yvonne a little gift at market so I gave that to her as well, it was a charm pack and a necklace with an intitial charm and I'm a material girl charm. While she was at the shop I gave her a bee charm to go with her necklace. Now she can start collecting too!

No comments: